Multifunction printer (MFP)
Supported functions for multifunction printers:
Scan to E-Mail
- Scan results will be sent by email
- Most scanners have a built in (LDAP) address book which does contain addresses of users having an account at DESY Zeuthen and a destination address located within DESY
- mail addresses can be looked up from the installed addressbook or be entered manually too
- for security reasons it is not allowed to send scan results to non DESY locations. This will be enforced in future.
The email with the scan results uses <printername>.firstname.lastname@example.org as sender address.
- color scans are possible on all devices, even on black/white printers
- different Scan file formats are available : PDF(default), for single page TIFF or JPEG
- brief instructions for a destination known in LDAP (possible for Ricoh MP C3300, MP C4000, MP 4001, MP C2800, MP C2050)
- place the original on the scanner
- press the “Scan” key (to the left of the display)
- select “Search Dest.” (at top center on display)
- select “Name” and enter the first characters of surname + ok
- “Start Search” (at bottom left on display)
- select address + ok
- press the green "Start" key (to the right of the display) start scanning
- place the next original within 60 s and press the green "Start" key
- if none, press the # key (to the right of display) to sending the result
Please note, emails can only be sent to DESY addresses.
In case of problems please contact the email@example.com